XAML Power Toys
Current Version 126.96.36.199, Last Update 29 October 2008
Table Of Contents
- New Features In v3.5
- Feature Set
- Screen Shots
- Creating Business Forms, ListViews and DataGrids
- Enhance Your Design Time Experience
- First Time Use
- Cool Usage Tip
- XAML Power Toys Walk Through’s
XAML Power Toys is a Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Multi-AppDomain Add-In that empowers WPF & Silverlight developers while working in the XAML editor. Its Line of Business form generation tools, Grid tools, DataGrid and ListView generation really shorten the XAML page layout time.
It’s accessed through commands in the XAML editor context menu and the Solution Explorer item context menu.
XAML Power Toys generates .NET 3.5 SP1 WPF compliant XAML and Silverlight 2 compliant XAML.
This version of XAML Power Toys is compatible with Silverlight 2.0 RTM.
- Visual Studio 2008 with SP1
- For Silverlight Development, install the latest Silverlight 2 as detailed on Scott Guthrie’s blog. (If you’re not doing Silverlight development this is not required.)
- Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003 or Server 2008
The primary goal of XAML Power Toys is to deliver tools that enable developers to quickly layout and maintain Line of Business Application forms using the UI controls that ship with Visual Studio.
You’ll notice that the below features are business form focused. This does not limit the use of the software, I’m just providing the current target project type.